Monoi Oil Hair Treatment Regimen: Week 1 January 13 2014, 0 Comments
I’m in dire need of a haircut, but growing my hair long, so I’m always putting it off. In the meantime, I want my hair to be as healthy as possible, so enter Monoi Oil! This week, I started a hair treatment regimen with my own Moana Beauty Monoi de Tahiti Oil to help strengthen, smooth and condition my hair.
Here's what I'm doing:
1) I don't wash my hair every day, so I pick a night before I know I'm going to wash the next morning.
2) Before bed, at the bathroom sink, brush hair gently but thoroughly.
3) Pour a little bit of Monoi Oil into hands and rub it into palms. Use sparingly, you can always apply more if needed. Hair should NOT be dripping with oil, just enough so that it looks greasy/dirty.
4) Separate a handful of hair and starting from about the cheekbone down, start streaking the Monoi Oil through the hair in a downward motion. I usually separate hair into about 4 handfuls around the head, using more Monoi Oil as needed.
5) Concentrate a bit more onto the ends if needed, sparingly.
6) Go to bed! Use a hair covering or an old pillowcase that you don't care about to sleep on that night. IMPORTANT NOTE: To date, I have not had problem with Monoi Oil staining my sheets, but do this at your own risk to your linens!
7) In the morning, use a clarifying shampoo (shampoo once only, so as not to remove all of the nourishing oils) and light conditioner, then style as usual.
I'm doing this treatment once week and will report back my results after a month.
Happy New Year!